AN ORIENTATION ON THE MACAU FINANCIAL MARKETS ASSOCIATION
History and background
Established in 1985, the Macau Financial Markets Association (abbreviated as MFMA) is a non-profit taking professional association with affiliation membership to ACI-The Financial Markets Association.
ACI-The Financial Markets Association, which was formed in 1957, is the controlling body of all National Associations in relation to the financial markets around the world having now altogether 61 affiliated national associations with a total membership of more than 25,000. The global association has its registered office in Paris and divides its national affiliates into four regions : America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East / Africa. They have been futher divided into eleven sub-regions and Macau is a member of the North Asia sub-region.
- To help develop the highest possible professional standard and best ethical behavior between all those who are so engaged.
- To help promote Macau as a major financial market and to safeguard its reputation.
- To create a link between financial institutions in Macau to other financial markets.
- To improve and introduce new financial techniques / instruments to the trade.
- To foster better working relationship among the market practitioners in Macau.